Friday, July 30, 2010

Taco Casserole

I am always on the look-out for fun and easy recipes. I found this one for taco casserole on babycenter.

1 can crescent rolls
1 bag Frito's
1 lb ground beef (it actually called for 2lbs, but I only used one)
1 pkg taco seasoning
1 cup sour cream
1- 1 1/2 shredded cheddar cheese (I didn't measure this, I just used enough to cover the top)

Unroll crescent rolls into casserole dish. Sprinkle with crushed Frito's. Brown beef with taco seasoning, drain, add to dish. Spread on sour cream, sprinkle with cheese and another layer of Frito's. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.

This was delicious, a good twist on the traditional tacos. I put mine over shredded lettuce and tomatoes. This will definitely go into my small group rotation of snacks.

This isn't the best picture, but it does show a good reason why I love casseroles. We always have so much left over it lasts for 2-3 days.


2 comments:

Beth, Joshua, Isabella, McKinley and AnnaKate said...

ohhh - I'm totally gonna have to make this! :-)

Jill said...

This sounds so delish. I had to smile about the small group rotation comment because do you remember the Cracked Cheese dip you brought to my house one time?! OMGosh, we still make that and it is often requested by friends and family for parties. I still have the index card that you wrote the recipe on although I've made it so much that I have it pretty much memorized. Is that funny or what?! That's some good stuff!