Sunday, July 4, 2010

July 4th, 2010

What a wonderful fun-filled 4th of July! It started off with a great church service, our associate minister preached which is always wonderful, and it was the first Sunday in over month that neither Steve or myself helped serve anywhere so we got to ride together and attend as a family again. Don't get me wrong, I love to serve but I also love going as a family.

After church Cooper and I headed to my mom's for swimming and lunch. It was the first time I've gotten a chance to get him in the pool this summer. I think next Spring I'm going to get him lessons. He likes being in there, but is also pretty timid so I think it will help him. My cousin and her two kids where there, her oldest is 19 and was doing cannon balls and dunking his mom, Cooper thought it was hilarious! After swimming we came home and Cooper got a late nap, I didn't get him down till almost 2:30. Then I started on this yummy goodness...... Butterfinger Cake. After nap it was off to Uncle Scott's for a cook-out and fireworks. We had so much food I totally skipped out on the meat and just ate sides. We had hamburgers, hot dogs, green beans, corn on the cob, mac n cheese, chips and queso, and fruit. Oh, and of course cake :) I couldn't let the night get away without at least one self portrait.

By around 8:00 it started to feel great outside. Of course Cooper kept us all cool with the water hose. I'm pretty sure he soaked everyone but Scott. He got me good, he just picks it up and aims and sprays away.



This was our loot of fireworks.

And here is Steve trying not to blow off his hand. I told him I really need him to keep his job, be careful.
Cooper played his own version of corn hole.




So, either he is over his fear of fireworks or he really can't hear. He jumped a few times, but other than that he didn't seem to mind. The neighbors were also letting some off and few were VERY loud. I was proud of my little guy. He didn't quite make it to the pretty ones, the ones you have to wait until it's dark. It was close to 9:30 and he kept asking for "Cooper go home now". I can't blame him, it was a long day. So I took him home and Steve stayed to play. He must have been worn out as well, I put him down around 10 and there were fireworks right outside his window and I never heard a single sound from him. Hopefully he sleeps in just a little. In the past month or so his wake-up time has gone back about 45 minutes to an hour. I would LOVE at an 8:00 am one tomorrow :)
Hope everyone had a fantastic day.




1 comment:

Jaime Mac said...

I think the pic of you & Cooper is TOO cute!
Also-LOVE the necklace! It's one of my faves! :)