Friday, July 23, 2010

Low Key

We had a low key week around here, despite recovery from tonsil surgery it was quite nice. We really only left the house to go to places we needed to go to, like the grocery and a doctor's appointment. We did venture out today for a visit with some friends. My friend Melissa was in from Colorado so we went to her mom and dad's house to visit. I'm thankful Cooper was up to it, it was nice to spend some time together.

For the most part I think we are over the hump as far as recovery. Recovery is about 7-14 days, with more pain coming in around day 7-10 when scabs fall off. He hasn't really let me look too deep in his mouth this week but I got a good look tonight and I think they may have fallen off. Actually yesterday when I gave him his medicine he started crying, that happened twice, I know from spilling the medicine on a paper cut on my finger that it does burn so I'm hoping that was what the crying was from. Overall he has been a pretty good patient. It's hard at times to distinguish the whining from pain or just being rotten. He has gotten away with some stuff this week, like eating for example. It hasn't really mattered to me what he has eaten or when, as long as he eats. I can say he has had some good breakfast this week; cinnamon rolls, waffles, french toast, donuts. He did ask for Cheerios one day, he still likes to eat his cereal dry so we haven't tried them yet. He did get some animal crackers after nap today, didn't seem to bother him. We also hit two important milestones today; last day for ear drops and I switched from his pain medicine to Tylenol.

We also managed some play time outside tonight. Of course it would be the hottest day of the year. Steve and Cooper played, I sat in the shade drinking my water and taking pictures. The doctor's orders are to stay cool and hydrated. I love it that my little guy is starting to like the camera again, he kept looking at me and saying cheese even when I didn't have the camera out. Most importantly though, I'm glad I'm starting to get my little guy back.





1 comment:

Jaime Mac said...

YAY! Glad Cooper is recovering well! He'll be back to his old self in no time! :)