Saturday, July 3, 2010

A Date with Steve

It has been almost a year since Cooper spent the night anywhere but here. We know we can't keep this up forever seeing as he needs to stay somewhere when we are in the hospital so we had a trial run on Friday night. He stayed with Steve's parents and we even made a calendar a week ahead of time. He was so excited to mark off his day before bed each night.
I couldn't have asked for things to go any more smooth. He didn't cry when he went down for bed like last time, he pretty much had to scream himself to sleep last year. He slept all night long and didn't wake up till 7:30. We were so proud. Steve & I also got a fun date night out of it. We had a gift card to PF Changs that someone gave him for his birthday back in February and this was our first date night since his bday so we headed to Louisville to make good use of it. It was delicious. I had only been there once before but I can say last night was much better than the first time. Those that know me will be totally shocked when I say I passed on the awesome looking chocolate cake for dessert and opted for the banana spring rolls. I thought I can have chocolate cake anytime. I wasn't disappointed either, they were bananas rolled up in a tortilla and deep fried with cinnamon and sugar with some type of pineapple honey ice cream. DELICIOUS!!!! We got home early and it was so odd having an empty house, at one point I wanted to turn down the tv cause I thought it was too loud and Cooper may wake up. After we got the phone call that all had went well, we rented Valentine's Day on pay per view. It was a cute movie, nothing too deep that you had to pay attention to, which is good because I was tired. The best part, I must have been so tired that I slept all the way until morning. I haven't done that in months.

I almost forgot, after dinner we stopped by Target to start stocking up for stuff we need for Cameron. We got some diapers, some bottles and a new bathtub. Cooper wanted to try it out but wanted out as soon as I put him in it.

1 comment:

Jaime Mac said...

I'm SO glad the trial run w/ Cooper went well! He's growing up! Tear....
Glad you had fun on your date. But you passed on chocolate?! Tsk, tsk... you are a girl after my own heart - a choco-holic! Even tho you skipped a sure thing, I'm happy the other dessert was good! :)