Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Potty Training

We are in the EARLY stages of potty training around here. So far, not too bad. I still haven't had the courage to leave the house without a diaper on, maybe one day soon. For the most part if we are home Cooper is in big boy underwear. I usually have to keep up on it and ask him or take him at least once every 45 minutes to an hour. Occasionally we will tell me, but more often it's me taking him. If he tells one of us that he has to go he gets a treat, otherwise nothing. We did have a couple accidents today, he starts to pee then stops himself and tells me then will finish on the potty. At least he is recognizing he is starting to get wet and it's a pretty small amount too. He did go #2 in his pants today. At first I was putting a diaper on him when I thought he would go, because he has no intention of doing it in the potty. But I didn't catch him in time today and he told me as soon as he did it and he didn't like the feeling so I will probably just let him do it in his pants until he get tired of it. He likes his underwear and would rather wear those than a diaper. So hopefully we are doing something right.

3 comments:

ginmommy said...

Yea Cooper!!! He'll get there :-)

Susie said...

It takes boys a little longer than girls. I am so glad that Ellie is potty trained already. Good Luck. You are doing the same thing that I did with Ellie about taking them every so often.

Amy said...

Wearing big boy undies around the house is a big step. Good Job Cooper!