Tuesday, June 8, 2010

The things we do for our kids

This Saturday we are going to A Day out with Thomas. I am super excited, I have been wanting to do this since he was born. We wanted him to wear something special for our special day, but any ol' Thomas shirt would not do. We (Steve and myself) wanted a Sir Topham Hatt shirt. These things are few and far between. We found one on Amazon.com but it was expensive for a t-shirt. I ho-hummed around and finally decided to order it a couple of weeks ago. I submitted the order and found out the estimated arrival date would be between June 11-June 20. Well, our tickets are for June 12. I looked into express shipping, it was $25, wasn't going to do that, so I cancelled the order. That night I was having remorse, I really wanted the t-shirt. So I checked into ordering it directly from the vendor, Yerzies. Turns out they could ship it about two days sooner. I placed the order, finally last Friday I got confirmation it had shipped and it arrived yesterday. Shipping was also slightly cheaper than Amazon, and no it wasn't express, I'm not that crazy. Anyway, here is our shirt.

5 comments:

ginmommy said...

I concur!! The things we do for our kids!!! Cute t-shirt tho, and he's gonna have a blast ;)

Jaime Mac said...

HA! He'll look good standing against the statue they have of the top hat guy (I have no clue, I just know Thomas' name!) I've seen pics on other blogs, tho!
Have a great time! I can't wait to see the pics!

Susie said...

I know he will have fun. Ellie is going with her mom and dad on Sunday.

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

YIPPEE!!! You are going to have a blast!!! :)

Tracey said...

That will be SO fun! Can't wait to see pics! I love the shirt. :)