Friday, June 25, 2010

I Spoke too soon

Well I must have spoke too soon about the business and doctor's appointment this month. Literally within the hour of posting to my blog this morning I got a call from the doctor's office. I have to go back Monday for the 3 hour glucose test. I was totally shocked. My sugar tends to run low, with Cooper I was still under 100 and I usually run in the 70's. Not this time. I'm not too worried about it, I guess I'm just more frustrated than anything. If there is one thing I don't have, is time to go sit in a doctor's office for three hours. It's good being a stay at home mom when these things come up because I don't have to take time off work, but that means I also need to find someone to watch Cooper. I feel bad, Steve's parents have been watching him a lot lately for my doctor's visits, they have a million things going on. I know they don't mind at all but it does take away things they need to get done too.

Alright, I'm done ranting. Wish me luck that I don't pass out as I go from dinner on Sunday to lunch on Monday only drinking water and getting my blood drawn 4 times.

7 comments:

Jaime Mac said...

UGH! That sucks! I try to not worry about stuff until necessary too. B-rad had some things removed off his back (I say things bc he says they were freckles, I say moles...) & they are going to test them. I never even thought to worry about it until a co-worker said, "What are you going to do if they come back malignant?!" I was like, uhm, I don't know?!
No sense in worrying yourself sick until all the results come back!
Catch up on Eclipse for me while you're waiting 3 hrs...I'm gonna need a refresher! :)

Beth, Joshua, Isabella, McKinley and AnnaKate said...

ok - I think we go to the same DR and I was NEVER told to fast... Crazy!!!

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

good luck! i'll be thinking about you!!

Jami said...

Jamie- I mean Jami- I mean Jaime- haha, I'm not so much worried as annoyed. It just didn't feel like going over there. Oh- I finished Eclipse a week or so ago. I have Breaking Dawn on hold but it hasn't been returned yet.

Beth- I did not fast for my 1 hour test, however I do have to for the three hour test. Which is why they want me there as soon as they open.

Thanks, Alicia! I think I'm going to arm myself with some trashy gossip magazines.

Mrs. Wesely said...

I have inservice in Indianapolis all week next week!! Make this one more reason I would rather be at home next week. I could have totally helped out with Cooper!

Susie said...

Praying that things all comes out ok.

ginmommy said...

I'm shocked too!! I'm sure you'll be fine tho. Sorry, you have to mess with this.