Monday, June 21, 2010

Happy Father's Day!

Father's Day was a little different this year. Plans were to head to Steve's parents after church to celebrate Father's Day and his brother's birthday, which was Saturday.
Cooper even made Scott a homemade birthday card.
We were eating breakfast on Sunday and around 8:15 our phone rang, we knew something was wrong then. It was Steve's mom and his dad had been admitted to the hospital with a LARGE kidney stone. These Lee men and their kidney stones, don't know what we are going to do with them. Obviously lunch plans were cancelled and his parent's were supposed to take Scott to the airport at 3 so know that was Steve's job. Steve had to stay at church to serve second service so by the time he got home it was close to 12. I told him I still would like to take him out, since it was getting late and we knew most places would be crowded he chose the Chinese Buffet, his choice not mine! It was nice and relaxing and Cooper is still free. Like Father like Son, Cooper got to enjoy some ice cream.


I feel bad because sometimes father's don't get the recognition they deserve. On Mother's Day it's all about moms, the sermon at church is all about praising moms, we get crafts from the kids. On Father's Day they usually talk about everything they do wrong and what they need to do to correct it, expect this year it wasn't about Father's at all. Plus no handmade crafts.

Therefore, I must say a HUGE THANK YOU to Steve for being an amazing father. I couldn't ask for anything more. I never had what you would call a "daddy" in my life and I couldn't be more thrilled that my children can grow up with something I never had. There is no greater joy than watching Cooper's face light up when you walk in the door after work. I love watching him turn into a real daddy's boy. Happy Father's Day, we love you!

No comments: