Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Never Underestimate my Son

When Karen went to Hawaii over Spring Break she brought back Cooper a magnet with a monkey, palm tree, and surf board on it that said Hawaii. Steve's parents just got back from Hawaii and they brought him at t-shirt with almost the exact same image. The other night I heard Steve and Cooper playing with his magnets and Cooper was pointing to the Hawaii one and trying to tell Steve that Karen got it for him. Steve was correcting him saying that no, it was actually Mamaw & Papaw. Which I then had to step in and correct Steve. Really, he never noticed that has been on our refrigerator since March?

One the way to Huber's we were on Hwy 60 passing the turn in to KFC, which also happens to be the way we go to visit Steve at work. Of course Cooper has to tell me that is where Daddy works, along with friends. A minute down the road we passed Chillers and he reminded me that is where gets milkshakes.

Last week one day Steve took Cooper to his parents while I was at Jazzercise and Cooper helped Steve's dad plant some green beans. Yesterday I was telling him that he was going to go to Mamaw and Papaw's while I went to the doctor and he could water his green beans. He tells me "1, 2, 3 green beans". I called Steve's mom and sure enough that is how many green beans that Cooper planted.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Great memory!! I remember taking Ravin and Caleb to Henry's Ark out in Prospect one year. I had taken Ravin the year before when she was about 3 and now she was 4. (or maybe she was 4 and then 5.) In any case, I verbalized that I couldn't remember the road name to turn on and she told me Rose Street. I thought that was weird until I saw the sign - Rose Lane. I couldn't believe she had remembered from the previous year at such a young age!!

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

they are too smart for their own good sometimes!! :)