Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Thank you!

Thanks to everyone for all the kind comments so far. Surgery is scheduled for July 16th. The ENT only goes to Kosair once a month, I assume since most of his surgeries are outpatient. It's nice that it's on a Friday, Steve can still only take off two days but have four at home.

As a side note- I had my tonsils removed for the exact same reason as Cooper. Granted I was already 5 and not 2 1/2, but he won't remember this like I do mine. Mine were way too big. I snored loudly, same as him and had trouble swallowing. Cooper drools a lot, which he still needs to get one more tooth so I always chalked it up to teething, but it could be his tonsils.

I know going into Kosair we are going to feel so blessed. Tonsil surgery is nothing compared to some of the reasons why other children are in that hospital. We are also blessed to have such a hospital in our area. While I know we will have plenty of people thinking and praying for us that day, please keep the other children and parents in your prayers as well. I always think to myself "if this is the worst it gets, then we are lucky."

3 comments:

ginmommy said...

My mother in-law has surgery on that day too. I'll be doing lots of praying!! I had my tonsils and adenoids (sp?) removed when I was 8. At least he wont have any memories of it. I'm so glad you can eat chocolate!!! That'll help of course ;-)

Tracey said...

I'm sure he'll do great! If I can do anything to help, let me know. :) I'm like Gretchen...he won't remember it, so that's good!

Melissa said...

I will definitely be praying for you guys!