Wednesday, June 2, 2010

24 Weeks

I had my 24 week appointment this morning. Everything look great! Thanks to my stomach bug a few weeks ago I only gained 1 lb this month. Believe it or not, I'm on track to gain less this time around than with Cooper. Hope I can continue, but it is summer and that means cook outs and ice cream. Good thing I'm not a huge ice cream fan. Although the new Strawberry Golden Oreo Blizzard looks awesome.

Okay... back to the appointment. Like I said, everything went great. I have two appointments in the next 5 weeks, one for my glucose testing and one with Dr Riely before she goes on vacation. At my next appointment I will be in my third trimester and by the time I see Riely again I will be almost 30 weeks!

They don't have the hospital schedule for September yet but at my appt with her we will go ahead and schedule my c-section. The plan is to have a c-section at 39 weeks unless I show any signs of labor or go into labor on my own before then. If I do happen to go into labor on my own before then I will attempt a VBAC. My body will let me know. I just don't want a repeat of Cooper's birth. Which reminds me, I plan on re-writing his birth story posting once complete. His original birth story was my first attempt at a blog so it's short and to the point, I want something more complete, for him more than anything.

Luckily the weather is going to cool down this weekend and I can enjoy my last few weeks for second trimester energy.

No comments: