Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Tollhouse Cake

I thought I would share a recipe I got from a co-worker a few years ago. I made this for our final Backyard Bible Club tonight, I usually only make this for holidays but it sounded good and is different.

Ingredients:

2 (maybe 3, see below) rolls of Tollhouse cookie dough (you can use Pillsbury or store brand, I had to last year when they recalled Tollhouse, but Tollhouse is my fav)
2 pkg of cream cheese- soft
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
1 cup of sugar

Spread one roll of dough on bottom on 9 x 13 pan. Mix cream cheese, eggs, vanilla, and sugar until smooth. Pour on top of dough. Drop 2nd roll of cookie dough on top of cream cheese mixture. Bake at 360 until it doesn't jiggle- aprox 30 minutes.

This is delicious! And I don't even like cream cheese... however there are a few modifications that I have discovered since the recipe was given to me. First, you need more than 2 rolls of dough. The first time I made this I ran out, so I usually get three. This is what one roll looks like in the pan. It may last longer if you let it soften up a bit before you start making it. Also, I found it never really stops jiggling in the oven. I always cook for 30 minutes and it will harden up. You can't cook it too long or the cookies will burn. So, always make a good 3-4 hours before you need to serve.
And finally, the finished product. A couple of guys that Steve works with request this each year now for their Thanksgiving pitch in.


2 comments:

Katherine @ Grass Stains said...

I've printed it out and plan to try it! My sweet tooth thanks you. :)

Rachel said...

Oh my word....I'm a Grass Stains fan and saw your comment. I'm so going to try these this week. I can't wait to dive into the pan.