Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Cameron's Room

We finally got the nursery ready, again. It pretty much had been a play room disaster since moving Cooper out. Luckily we just needed to clean it up a bit... no painting, no new bedding... it got to stay blue.

Last week Steve raised the crib back up. Once again I can't even remember Cooper sleeping in it that high. I thought about having him keep it in the middle instead of all the way up but Steve was afraid with a c-section I may have trouble lifting Cameron in and out if it's too low. We had Cooper in our room for about 3 nights before we had to move him. He made way too much noise in his sleep. Of course we had the monitor on as loud as it would go so I don't really see the difference. Also I have the diaper bag in the bed all ready and packed. I have list for myself but have yet to pack anything. Most of the stuff I can't do until the morning (or middle of the night if it turns out that way). Another view of the crib. We bought this one for the extra storage and attached changing table. Although you need to be like 6 feet tall to use it as a changing table, it's too tall for me. Notice the diapers.
A sample of Cooper's artwork.

A close-up of the tissue holder, Steve's aunt made that for me when I was pregnant with Cooper. And the sailboat... we bought the exact one for Cooper when I was pregnant with him. It has the verse Jeremiah 29:11 on it. We also used this same verse for Cooper when we had our groundbreaking ceremony at church... it was put on an index card and buried under our new building. I just realized something though- if you blow it up it says it's from Jeremiah 29:1 - which is wrong. It's verse 11, that's hilarious! It reads: "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."A place I'm going to be spending quite a bit of time I predict, the rocking chair. Also a picture of his bedding.

The window and window treatments. The shade is new. We had pillows up there before, looked totally tacky. This room faces the front of our house which gets the morning sun. Steve put two shades up there plus window tint, it's works awesome.
Cooper posing in front of his big brother outfit. He is going to wear this to the hospital the day Cameron is born.


Clothes, clothes, and more clothes. This is just some of the newborn-3 month clothes we have.
In the closet we have more diapers. I have been trying to stock up. What you can't see is the giant tub of clothes the diapers are sitting on. It is filled with 6 month-18 month clothes. It is full, nothing else can fit. It's a good thing Cooper is small and will most likely wear his clothes from last winter this winter and clothes from this summer next summer because we have no where to put them.


I just had to throw this last one in here, look at the difference between these two diapers. One is a newborn and the other is Cooper's. I forgot how small they can be. Cooper wore newborn diapers for at least a month, it's hard to remember him that small. Now is he down to only wearing his diaper at nap and bedtime.


There you have it. We have 1 months and 3 days!









5 comments:

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

i love it!! very cute!! i really like the pictures that cooper made!!!

Tracey said...

I love it! How cute is he posing beside the Big Brother outfit?!! Adorable. :) And Coopers pictures are really cute!

ginmommy said...

Awwhhhh!!! How exciting!!! You're gonna have a baby soon!!!! His room looks really cute.

Jill said...

So fun! I loved gettingthe nursery ready. Love the verse and Cooper's pics are precious.

Jaime Mac said...

Love the room! Very cute! I really like the 'sailboat' theme!
(p.s. I also love the vera bradley bag! :) )