Friday, August 27, 2010

Proposal Story

Steve and I have plans tonight to celebrate our annivesary. It's not till September 18th but we are a little unsure of what will be going on. Either we will the proud parents of a 6 day old, I could still be preggers at Paul & Gretchen's going away party, or I may even be in labor.... who knows! So, tonight it is. This is why I thought I would share a wonderful memory of our proposal.

It was Friday, Ocotber 24 and we had plans to go out to dinner. I got off work and Steve was acting very strange. He kept calling and asking if I was on my way, where was I, etc. I had a small inkling something was going on, I knew a proposal was coming and I knew he would not do it around a holiday, it would be totally random. I just tried to put it out of my mind. I went home to my apartment, changes my clothes and headed over to his. He was being a little fidigity, the tv was off, which was strange, but everything seemed normal. Except, for the bridal magazine on the table. I asked him about it and he told me his friend Mike had bought it when they were out that day. I knew Steve had taken a half day off and if you know his friend this isn't totally out of character. I sit down on the couch and start looking through the book, Steve sits down next to me, I get about a quarter through the book and find this (minus the wedding band of course)

Even thought I had some feeling it was still a total shock. I kept looking at the book, at him, at the ring, at him... back and forth. Finally he took the ring, got down on one knee and proposed. Being a woman, I was on cloud nine for days. Months really, I loved planning our wedding. Of course we had to go show his parents, which had no idea it was happening by the way, we had dinner and headed to my mom's to show her. She thought the ring was fake because it was so shiny. I love the way he made it so unique and personal, no big show, no audience, just me and him. I also love that no one but his friend Mike and co-workers knew it was happening. (My father isn't the type you need to ask permission, as a matter of face he asked if I was pregnant when I told him).
Now it's been almost 7 years since that night, 6 since our wedding, and almost two kids later. Couldn't be happier!


3 comments:

Jaime Mac said...

awwww, I love hearing proposal & wedding stories! Have fun on your date! :)

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

very, very cute!!! love it!! congrats!!!

ginmommy said...

This I love!! I'm a romantic at heart, this is very sweet. Happy Anniversary ;)