Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Cooper Update

I realized I never did a 100% recovery post. I feel without a doubt we did the right thing by having his tonsils removed. There were a few rough moments, mainly as he was waking up in the morning or after nap, but overall recovery wasn't bad at all. I can see down his throat now! The doctor warned us that he might snore even worse for the first few weeks but he hasn't snored since the first couple of nights. It's amazing. We could hear him through closed doors but now he doesn't snore at all. He has also started to eat much better, not since recovery, but better than before surgery. He's not a huge meat eater anyway, but now it's not a fight to get him to eat. It was so funny last night, I had an extra packet of Chick-fil-A sauce from our last visit so I got out it to go with our chicken. Oh my.... that child gobbled his chicken once he tasted that. I have never seen him eat meat that fast. He also seems to be happier, if that is possible. Overall we are very pleased.

2 comments:

Jaime Mac said...

I'm SO glad he's all healed! Sounds like he's doing even BETTER than before the surgery! That's great news! It also helps to know you guys did the right thing for Cooper! Hope he continues to eat like a champ! :)

Amy said...

Great News!!!! Glad Cooper did so well with his surgery.