Monday, August 23, 2010

It was time to say goodbye

I had to say goodbye to a dear friend this weekend..... the birthday bag! If you are thinking "has this chick gone crazy" let me explain. Sometime around 9 or 10 years ago I got a birthday present from Karen and it came in this wonderful birthday bag. A few months later when her birthday approached she got it back. Not the gift, just the bag. And so it started. This went on up until about 2 years ago. Heather even got in on the action a few times. Well times have changed and around the age of 30 instead of gifts we have opted for a girls lunch out. Time with your girlfriends beats a present any day. I have been in a very strange cleaning mood lately and have been going through our closets, storage containers, you name it. I came across the bag and parts of it were in bad condition and I just couldn't see giving it to anyone else but the garbage can. It served it's purpose well and will be missed.

1 comment:

Mrs. Wesely said...

It was so much fun while it lasted!! RIP, Birthday Bag, R...I....P!