Tuesday, August 24, 2010

36 Weeks

I had my 36 week check-up today. I hope you guys don't mind weekly updates now. I thought because I was seeing the nurse practitioner today things might go a little more quickly, but I was wrong. They were running behind and I was in there for almost two hours. My appointment was at 10:00 and I had to call Steve's mom to ask her to go ahead and feed Cooper lunch. I never imagined I wouldn't be back in time to feed him. Appointment went good, heart rate was good and he was being active again, and I didn't gain any weight this past week. She measured my belly at 34 weeks instead of the 36 that I am. This happened with Cooper as well but they did go ahead and work me in for an ultrasound to get better measurements. He is right on target. Right now they are estimating him to be between 5-6 lbs, which at full term will be between 6 1/2- 7 1/2 lbs. Next week I'm going to talk to Dr Riely a little more about having or trying for a vbac. Of course my mom would rather me keep the c-section date. She said if she could have had a c-section she would have had more than one child. She had never had to recover from abdominal surgery so I'm pretty sure she would change her mind on that one. It isn't too bad but it's not fun either. Your ab muscles control everything you do, you can't even so much as laugh or sneeze without using them. As I would know when the day after I had Cooper the Reid's came to visit and they were off in the corner with Steve telling funny stories and laughing to the point of tears not realizing my tears were for a different reason. Time will tell, I'm just leaning toward God making the decision for me and not myself making that decision.

2 comments:

Jaime Mac said...

Nope, I don't mind weekly updates at all!
Glad things are still going well & that little Cameron Uncle Scott is right on target!
Everything will work out for the best w/ the delivery! You'll know what to do when the time comes...'cuz your MOM! :)

ginmommy said...

I know you are struggling with this decision. Give it to God. He'll take care of it all.