Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Rain Rain, please don't go away

We had an awesome rain shower yesterday. It rained on and off for about two hours then it turned into a complete downpour. It was the first time a while it had rained and Cooper has been awake so we decided to take him out to play...well run up and down the driveway if you call that play. He used to hate water in his face but he is getting better at it. He was so excited at first.He wanted Steve to run to the mailbox and back.

Then they had to do it together.


Then it was my turn. I didn't run all the way down and as you can tell, I wasn't really dressed for playing in the rain. We were afraid it wouldn't last so we quickly got our shoes on and ran outside. Then he ventured out on his own a little bit.



While we were out there it was raining pretty hard and the wind was blowing. I was watching the wind blow the rain across the street and right before my eyes the wind shifted and started blowing down the street. I had never seen that happen before. It stopped raining about 5 minutes later. It was a good soaking rain, enough so that our grass or plants did not need watering last night. It probably helped to save the plants after the weather we had this week.







4 comments:

Jaime Mac said...

Looks like fun! :) Anymore rain & you could've entered a wet t-shirt contest! lol! ;)
It didn't rain here @ all...I had a show in Sellersburg & it poured on me on my way on 265. But it's dry as a bone @ home. Hmph...

ginmommy said...

I love this post!!! I think it's great that you all played in the rain, especially preggo mama!!! That's awesome!!!

Tracey said...

completely adorable!!!!!!!!!!

The Tibbs World said...

Those are great pictures. Looks like you guys had fun!!!