Saturday, July 2, 2011

A Week in the Life- Saturday

I was up and ready to leave the house this morning by 7:00 am. Cooper woke up early enough to see me out the door before I headed to the high school for the yard sale. I'm glad he woke up though, I had told him the night before I would see him in the morning, forgetting I might already be gone. It was nice to get a big hug and kiss before leaving. I was the school by 7:12, I had a quick stop to get a McDonald's Diet Coke, and there were people already shopping. I had heard they were lined up by 6:30 am. The perimeter of the running track above the gym was lined with items donated. We had the baked goods and raffle items. It was amazing. People were writing out $100 dollar checks. I had a young couple buy $3 worth of cookies and give me $60. I have no idea how much money was raised yet but I do know they took over $4000 worth of deposits to the bank before it closed. It was awesome to see the love and support given to Curtis family. The yard sale was set to end at 12 but as I left at 12:15 people were still shopping. Goodwill was set to come at 3:00 to take whatever was left so they just planned on keeping it open until then.

I came home and he just played and relaxed until nap. Steve ate breakfast and lunch finally. I guess he didn't have time. I can only imagine how much weight I would lose if I didn't eat all day long the days I was home with the boys myself. We all got naps today, much needed! Then again isn't a nap needed everyday?
Didn't do much before dinner, but after dinner we walked to the pool. The first time using it. I was trying to get the boys ready when I Cooper starts hollering for me from the bathroom. He somehow dropped his shorts in the toilet.
Cooper had a ton of fun. I am going to order him some new floaties tonight. He has always been so timid and scared it was good to see him interested I didn't get pictures of Cameron, he was in my arms most of the time. I ended up getting him out and putting him in the stroller and letting him watch. He kept trying to dive in the water. I didn't blow up his boat yet, I will remember that next time. I swam the length of the pool a few times, I think it might have to be my new exercise. Steve was making me laugh I could barely finish, swimming wears you out. He kept reminding me he didn't know how to swim just in case I got a cramp.



We got home and did baths and settled down for popcorn and movie night. Cameron had Cheerios for the first time, boy couldn't get enough. Soon it was time for books and bed. I'm pretty tired tonight. Hoping to have lights off my 10:00. We are having a cook out tomorrow and have some cleaning to do.





1 comment:

ginmommy said...

Glad to see you guys at the pool! I've been wondering if you've used it yet. It's such a fun way to spend hot summer days :-) Oh Steve....no time to eat?? Funny boy.