Monday, July 4, 2011

A Week in the Life- Monday

Our Monday morning started out early, very early! Cameron woke up crying around 12:45 am. He has been waking up a lot this week. Most days I haven't had to go and get him he falls back asleep on his own but I could tell this was different. I went to check on him and he was basically crying in his sleep. His top two teeth are coming in and they look horrible. Steve got him so medicine and I rocked him for a few minutes before laying back down. After that he made it until morning. I thought he was waking up around 6:40 but he fell back asleep on me in the chair so I laid him back down and crawled back into bed myself. Five minutes later Cooper walks into our room. He has NEVER done that before. Prior to moving he would always wait until we turned on the hall light. Now if he hears us up, since is room is off the kitchen, he will walk right on out. But he has never gotten up before us and walked in our room. It was cute, just hope he doesn't make a habit out of it. We had fun alone time with him just laying down and talking and taking pictures. He doesn't get our undivided attention much. Cameron woke up about 20 minutes later and we all got breakfast and I started a load of laundry. We had plans on going to the Jeffersonville Freedom parade but it started raining and I didn't want to sit out in it with both kids. Instead Steve and Cooper brought the parade to us.

They drew pictures of the things we seen last year. Then we went downstairs to put them on display.
This is Cooper and Hope, Hope has a red face because she is scared of the loud firetruck.




This is a John Deere tractor and bagpipes and someone carrying the American Flag.


I have no idea what the picture on the left is, but the right is the band.


This is the karate class and hot air balloon, Hope is crying again.


After we played parade Cooper wanted to watch the video we made at the parade last year. It made me so sad, he has grown up so much in the past year. I will always have fond memories of our last summer as a family of three.

After the video Cameron went down for a nap and Steve left to run some errands and Cooper and I had school time. We worked on bigger, smaller, which one is different, and what goes with what. He did great. I was proud of how he was able to associate different objects with one another.

After Cameron woke up, Cooper wanted to play his one of his favorite games. It had been on the video we just watched. He loves throwing Little People animals down the tunnel. Cameron was cracking up!


Steve got home during this game and brought me the best gift ever; a Polar Pop Diet Coke. If you haven't figured it out, I am a fountain Diet Coke addict.

I warmed up some lunch, we ended up with leftovers for lunch and dinner. Oh how I love not cooking. I was cleaning up the kitchen and looked over to find Cooper feeding Cameron his yogurt bites. Cooper was taking handfuls of them too. Those things are way to expensive to for Cooper to be eating.


The boys napped and I went to Bed, Bath, and Beyond and Kroger. Imagine my surprise coming home to find out both of them were still asleep. Why does that only happen on days I can't be home to enjoy it. I guess the day of no nap, staying up later and waking up early finally got to Cooper. It was his best nap in a long time.

We had dinner, cleaned up, sang and danced some more (Cooper's favorite thing to do) and Steve took Cooper for a quick swim. He is getting to much better and not as scared. Can't wait for the day I can take them both by myself. We came home, they had baths, played some more then it was book and bedtime.

It was such a great weekend. I know I am off work every day but it really does make a difference when Steve has an extra day off too. Even though our plans got messed up due to rain it was nice to relax at home and have a family day. We don't get those often enough.



















3 comments:

Jaime Mac said...

I like the 'bringing the parade in' idea. Cute drawings! :)

Jill said...

OMGosh, love the parade pics. . .such a GREAT idea! And I was laughing about the polar pop being the best gift. I am right there with you. I am a fountain diet coke addict, too, except for right now. . .I crave them so bad somedays it is just awful! :)

ginmommy said...

Hi-larious the pics of Hope's 'red face' cause she was crying. Ha!! She was traumatized by that darn parade ;)