Thursday, July 21, 2011

Bloggers Play Date

A couple of weeks ago I put out the idea of having a bloggers play date with all our kiddos. I ended up with great response and we had plans on going to a park this week. Of course we all know how the weather has been, hot hot hot!!! Alicia kindly opened her home up to us. There ended up being 7 moms and 15 kids (plus one on the way). It was chaos at times, especially at lunch, but really when there are 15 kids you can't expect much less. I only got my camera out once. I think the best picture of the day was before I even left home. I had just gotten Cooper's hair fixed when I left to finish getting ready. I come back out and Cooper tells me he fixed Cameron's hair. He had taken the spray bottle and drenched Cameron. His hair, face, clothes, everything. I would have gotten on him if Cameron hadn't look so darn adorable and acted as if he could care less.
I did manage a few group shots, and the one of the moms was stolen from Alicia's blog.


I don't even know where to begin on these pictures.




This one is just awesome. Cameron clearly wants no part of it, Nora is spit firing mad. Glad I could see her cry, I've heard she doesn't do it much. Sam is having a party, Kade is taking his own picture, and there are a few actually smiling at some camera. You gotta love it!Then we braved a mom's picture. This required it to be taken by the kids. And of course Cooper has to be in it too.



My favorite part of the day was lunch time. I get Cameron in a high chair and get him started on Cheerios when Cooper tells me he has to poop. He gets done and cleaned up and by this time Cameron is ticked, he is out of Cheerios and I left him. I give him more and get Cooper's plate when he tells me he has to pee. Really? You couldn't do that 30 second ago. So he goes and pees, by this time Cameron wants no part of the high chair or his food. At this point I'm just glad he told me he had to go. What can you do?


Thanks again Alicia for having us over. It was great. So sorry I couldn't stay and clean up. Not much I could do with a screaming child on my hip. He was before we even got out of the neighborhood.













3 comments:

Jaime Mac said...

Looks like uhm, fun?! :) Just kidding....this was a great idea you had for everyone! :)

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

Fun, fun time!! So funny nora was screaming in that picture. She will go a whole day at a time without making a peep. She wanted to nurse and that.was.it!!! Let's do it again!

Jill said...

Great idea to get this all together! Thanks!