Friday, July 15, 2011

Clark County 4H Fair

On Thursday night we headed to the greatest place on Earth, at least I thought it was in the 7th grade, the Clark County 4H Fair. Cooper had a blast!!! He was the perfect age for it. My shy little timid guy surprised me that night. Not only did he ride some rides by himself, he rode rides I never in a million years would have thought he would. I think he is going to be a roller coaster fan. The highlight of the night was probably the big slide. Cooper did it twice, first with Steve than with me. I didn't get a picture because Steve wanted video tape. Wow, it was fast. Cooper and I went airborne it was so fast. He was laughing the entire time. On the way home we were talking about how expensive it was, we should have gotten an unlimited stamp for Cooper but wasn't for sure how much we would do, it was at least $3 a ride. However, you really can't put a price on happiness for your child. Especially when you see that true genuine smile.

Just to prove he was indeed there. Poor kid, chained to a car seat or stroller all night. Took it like a champ though. His highlight was probably when he was eating some puffs and they turned into pieces of funnel cake. I can imagine his little mind thinking, hmm.... these sure do taste good all of a sudden.
First up were these little airplanes. We were standing on the wrong side so I didn't get a good picture when they went up in the air. He was just so darn happy the whole time. I love it!





Next up where the whales that went up and down.


We tried to ride a train next but it was being worked on. He did some race cars after that. I didn't get any pictures, but Steve videoed it. It was awesome. They went slow until the curve and then it whipped around. He loved it.


The second highlight had to be the dragon roller coaster. He did it twice. I thought for sure he would freak out on this one. I ran into a few of my family members and they had to stop it for my cousin's daughter earlier that night. I wish I could have gotten some better pics of this, he looked like he was having the best time of his life.



This is the second time he rode it. The little boy in front of him in the red is Kade, Jill's son. I told Steve he should have just put Cooper in the same car as him, it filled up and they both ended up sitting next to some random child.


You may have to make this one bigger to see the full effect.



It was good times, done up county fair style. If you've never done the Clark County Fair, you need to at least once in your lifetime. Good Times!!!!














6 comments:

ginmommy said...

When I was a kid, we always went to the Salem fair. My grandparents lived in Salem, and it was a yearly event. We would stay up there for a week and go every night. It's some of my most fond memories! Glad Cooper had fun :)

Susie said...

I know what you mean we went several night this week.

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

the greatest place on earth! ha ha!! I remember thinking that about the good ol' harrison county fair! :)

Jaime Mac said...

How fun! Now that you know he will ride the rides, you may have to plan a trip to holiday world soon! :)
(harrison co fair, Alicia? Oh-it's soooo ghetto! Haha!)

Amy said...

I found out every year on Wednesday at 5:30 they have a costume contest. The kids dress up walk across the stage and at the end every kid in the contest gets a coupon for unlimited rides that night. I'm pretty sure we will participate next year in the costume contest. :)

Jill said...

It was good times! So good to see you all. I will send some cute pics of Cooper your way. {We have been gone and I'm trying to get caught up on blogging. . .☺}