Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Beating Heart

Cooper will come up to me and ask me to show him his heart and ask if I want to listen to it. I am still amazed when I put my ear up to his chest and hear his beating heart. That sound never gets old. I think about how he wont be four until November, yet that heart has been going strong for about 4 1/2 years. How before I ever heard the first cry, I heard that heart. Before I ever seen my precious son, I seen that heart beating. I will never, EVER, understand how someone can justify the stopping of a beating heart.


Cooper- I will listen to your heart anytime you ask!

5 comments:

the lewis gang said...

love that, jami! it gave me chills! so sweet!

Amy said...

What a sweet post!

Terry, Leslie, Noah, Allie, Laynie & Gracie said...

Aww, this post made me tear up! Adorable!

Terry, Leslie, Noah, Allie, Laynie & Gracie said...

So I just caught up on your blog and saw I missed out on the blogger playdate! I am bummed! Looks like you all had a good time! I might have to get on Alicia for not telling me!

Jill said...

I love this post! Just heard our second baby's heartbeat Wednesday, so I read this and it totally made me cry {as if it take much anyways. . .}. Very sweet post.