Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Lunch with Grandma and Grandpa

Today, Christmas Eve, started out pretty much like every other day. Steve had to work so it was just me and Cooper for our normal daily routine. I had plans to go out to lunch with my mom and dad and I almost cancelled at the last minute. It was so nasty out earlier today but I couldn't pass up a free lunch at Texas Roadhouse. Of course I had to park in the last row when it was pouring down rain. Somehow I managed to get inside not completely soaked. I think The Roadhouse is becoming Cooper's favorite restaurant, he loves bread. Afterwards we walked around the mall, which was packed. First of all I didn't my stroller in since it was raining, I just planned on getting one of the mall ones, well the bill acceptor was broken and I didn't have $5 in coins. So we took turns carrying him. Well my mom got tired after half a hallway and Cooper hasn't really been around my dad much, so I guess you could say I carried him the whole time. When I was a kid we always celebrated on Christmas Eve, it wasn't until I got older did I realize that Christmas Eve is pretty much like every other day when it comes to shopping. Until I worked retail I didn't realize that there are people out there that really do wait until the last minute. On the Today Show this morning they said that those who did wait were going to get some good deals, retailers want to clean their shelves. They were right, I did see some good sales. Dillard's had their entire stock of ladies handbags 30% off. That included designer brands. I did refrain, no shopping done today, I was already finished.
Here is Cooper eating his bread, he is the happiest when he is being fed.


No comments: