Monday, December 15, 2008

Ear Update

We went back in today for a check of Cooper's ears. I was certain everything had cleared up. He did great on the medicine, he was sleeping great again, and has been in a great mood. Then enters the doctor. The infection has gotten better but still not at 100%. If left untreated it will get worse again. He had to get a shot of an antibiotic today and another tomorrow. We go back in another week for a re-check. If it still not better then we need to consider getting tubes. I know this is a simple and routine procedure for many children, but it still scares me to think he has to go to the hospital. I'm just praying this time it works.

5 comments:

Beth, Joshua, Isabella, McKinley and AnnaKate said...

we went through the same thing this time last year. Isabella had tubes on 12/27 - no more ear infections. It's been amazing. I understand about being scared...

ginmommy said...

I will pray that it works itself out but if it doesn't I'm sure he'll be ok!! All moms would be scared though!

melanie said...

The Murphy's prayers are with you. I can find out from my mom if there is anything you can do with his vitmins or herbs.

Dawn Jenkins said...

I will be praying for the best for the little man and Mommy and Daddy too.

Tracey said...

I understand!! I'm praying it clears up for good!