Tuesday, December 30, 2008

AT&T - Best music in town

(GUEST BLOGGER)

This evening I attempted to cancel our home phone service. While I sit here and type, I have been on-hold for a total of 1 hour 25 minutes and 33 seconds. This makes me ponder what could I have spent this amount of time doing if I didn't have to deal with AT&T? Before we start that, this is what I have done while on hold...

Changed my clothes from work. Play with my son. Help Jami fix dinner. Eat dinner. Feed Cooper. Clean Cooper. Clean up the kitchen. Dance with my wife (that elevator music while your on hold is foxy). Change my son's diaper. Take a shower, including shampoo and conditioner (I love that silky smooth fellin'). And on and on...so you get the point.

Can you imagine what else you might be able to accomplish? You can catch a plane in Louisville and fly to central Florida in the time I have been on hold. You can watch Cars, including the previews and that silly Pixar short they play in the beginnings of every show. Mow the grass...twice. Eat a nice dinner at a sit-down restaurant of your choice, somewhere like Denny's or the Waffle House. Watch three innings of a professional baseball game. Once again...you get the point.

We have gone on three Disney World vacations and none of them did we have to wait in a line longer than 60 minutes, but for some reason my anticipated AT&T experience must be more magical because I continue to hold. And the situation might be better if it weren't for the fact that Jami and I have only recognized one elevator instrumental the entire time. Wanna guess the tune?

Bottom line, there is something very ironic about the fact that I can't seem to talk to a telephone company representative because they won't answer the phone!!! If I thought Charlotte Young would have better luck I would Wave 3 Trouble Shoot their pathetic souls, but I would probably be on-hold there too.

It is now 1 hour 39 minutes and 54 seconds into the best commercial free non-lyric rock the country has to offer and still no human companionship. Now that I think about it...I'm not sure what I wanted to ask them in the first place?

AT&T - absolutely terrible!!!!!!!!

Steve

PS - The song was Under the Boardwalk, but I'm not sure if it was the Bette Midler version seeing how the songs have no words.

2 comments:

Beth, Joshua, Isabella, McKinley and AnnaKate said...

This is hilarious....

ginmommy said...

Steve you are too funny. Did you ever get through?