Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas Eve

Christmas Eve usually start out with our candlelight service at church followed by dinner at Steve's brother's house with his parents, aunt, and cousins. This year Cooper and I skipped church and met up with everyone else afterward. Most days he still takes 2 naps and it was going to be a late night so when he was ready to take a nap at 4:00, I just let him sleep. It worked out great, for someone who is usually in bed by 7:45 he was a trooper staying up till 9:30. Scott's house was great as usual, we had wonderful food and fun times. Steve's oldest cousin Randy could not make it this year. He is an engineer and lives down in Beaumont, TX, well there was still a lot of damage that needed to be finished due to Hurricane Ike. Never fear, we called him, put him on speaker phone and he read the Christmas Story to us. Last year cousin Tina presented us with the best gift, a scrapbook she had made for Cooper's first 5 weeks of life. This year, aunt Marilyn took the prize. She made us all a DVD full of pictures set to music, she made one of Steve's parents and their family and one of me, Steve and Cooper. It was so sad, I wanted to cry watching the whole thing. Looking back I realize I might not have enjoyed the earlier months as much, maybe because I was nervous and had anxiety, I'm not sure. I just sat there and watched it with him on my lap. It was too cute. It was a wonderful time had by all, and thank you to our family for all the blessing you gave us.

Cooper warming up at Uncle Scott's. I think this hat is a little big.

I couldn't get away with a picture of him eating. Notice the green bean on his face.

Playing with Uncle Scott.
Eating ice cream, do you think this child gets spoiled?

Aunt Marilyn with Randy on the cell phone reading to us.

Opening his first gift.

My favorite gift of the night. Don't look upset Steve, he has plenty of Bears clothes too, notice his bib up above.








1 comment:

Tracey said...

Love the Colts outfit!!!