Sunday, February 26, 2012

Wish someone told me to fatten up

While at the doctor on Friday I asked our pediatrician about Cooper's weight. He weighs 32 lbs. That's about a 3 lb weight gain in almost 2 years. I believe he grew 3 inches and gained a pound last year. That's almost like loosing weight. It's not like we are worried, at least he is still on the charts. He is still in his car seat which she wants him to remain until he is 40 lbs, Cameron may very well out grow his before Cooper does. Cooper doesn't eat a lot of meat and he doesn't like milk. I don't either so I can't really force him to drink it. He really only drinks water and occasionally juice. She gave us a few suggestions for a high fat diet. Don't you wish someone would tell you to get on a high fat diet? How awesome! Most of foods are things he likes; yogurt, cheeses, nuts, peanut butter. We are trying out Carnation Instant Breakfast drinks in the morning. He's done okay with those the past two days, I can't do it everyday or he will get bored with it. You should see his little arms when his shirt is off, they are tiny!!!! I guess he's just built like his daddy.

5 comments:

Susie said...

He sounds like Ellie. She is growing taller but not gaining much weight.

ginmommy said...

You aren't big either! He'll probably beef up some when he goes through puberty, but might just overall be a small guy!

April said...

Ben was like that when he was younger. The doctor suggested pediasure. He liked it.

Jaime Mac said...

Yes, I wish someone to tell me it's ok to eat reese's peanut butter cups like it was my job. Sigh.
I'm sure cooper will fill out as he gets a bit older!

Tracey said...

When I took Maggie into work to show her off, everyone kept talking about how the rolls on her legs were so cute. I remember asking why no one told me the rolls on my legs were cute... ?!! ;)