Saturday, April 16, 2011

Thunder What?

I'll admit it, I'm no Thunder over Louisville fan. Especially this year, those people are crazy for going out in this weather. Anyhow, when I heard a certain Ms Hope Elizabeth Bush was celebrating her 4th birthday I just couldn't pass up on the fun. Tracey and I packed up the kids and headed down south for good times. No road trip is complete without a quick stop by McDonald's for a Diet Coke. We had a minor traffic delay but good ol Tracey got us through with a shortcut through Amish country and we were back on the interstate in no time. We made it to the Bush household just in time to pack the kids back up and head out to Chuck E Cheese. These two had a moment in Chuck E Cheese. How cute is that? We might need to keep a better eye on them in the future.
Doesn't Paul look excited? I'm sure he enjoyed hanging out with three women all day long. He was my man servant today, he carried Cameron's car seat for me. Thanks Paul!
After some playtime and pizza we headed back to the Bushes for some presents and cupcakes.


Hope was about to make a wish, did I mention she turned 4, not 5, today?
Gretchen had a nice table set up with some cute little cupcakes. I was thinking, wow what a good job Gretchen.Then I noticed these hiding in the kitchen. You are caught!!!!


The birthday girl. She is giving me this, "really, another picture look?"
That cupcake sure does look good Gretchen.

Had to get a group shot of all the kiddos. Love that they are all doing different things.



No trip is complete without a shot of us girlies. Totally planning another trip, this time without the kids :) Totally random but Cooper wanted me to take a picture of the dinosaurs he was playing with.
After the kids got some good playtime in to burn off the cupcakes it was time to pack up and head home. It was Thunder and we did need to drive through Louisville to get back home, didn't want to get stuck in crazy traffic. Crazy people! We made it home before 7, kids were great, no complaining, no fighting, an A + in my book.


Happy Birthday, Hope! We had a great time, thanks for inviting us. Have fun with all your new girly presents.

7 comments:

ginmommy said...

Awwww, I just love that you guys came down for us. It seemed like it all went great. The kids did great!! Hope and Pierce were pooped and asleep in like 5 seconds!! I def miss you guys, and cant wait to see you again. Thanks again :-)

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

What a fun day!! Friends are the best!! :)

Susie said...

Glad to see you all had a good time with friends.

Jaime Mac said...

Cute post, jll! I can't believe Gretchen didn't make those cupcakes! (& I'm glad you busted her!).
Glad you girls had a fun day together! ;)

Jill said...

Looks like a great trip! I'm with you on Thunder. It's kind of hard for me to get into too!

Tracey said...

What a blessed day! I'm glad we could share it together!!! :) :)

melanie said...

great pics almost a behind the scenes view of the day. Glad you guys had a great time.