Sunday, April 24, 2011

He is Risen!

I hope everyone had a blessed Easter. I think sometimes we need an Easter like this year. A day to remember it isn't about dressing up, picking out the cutest outfits for our kids, hunting eggs in beautiful weather. It's about our Lord and what he did for us.

I love our church, but I especially love our church on Easter. I love the energy and excitement. It was my week to greet for our Early Childhood Department. I wasn't able to join service until the sermon was about to start. For me, it wasn't about the music today, it was all about the preaching. And let me tell you, our preacher was in rare form. Due to time constraints on Easter Sunday, the message is always short and simply. Christ died, he rose, we are saved. He did dig a little deeper than that, but it was his stories that got us going. The man can tell a story! I'm so blessed to be apart of Eastside.

We had three services this morning instead of the usual two. We needed to be out the door by 9:25, usually we have to leave by 9:00. The extra 25 minutes allowed Cooper a little drum time.We went to Steve's parents house after church and managed a decent family picture.


I love these two! The boys and the pictures!




They got some treats from Mamaw and Papaw. I love Cameron's face looking at these puffs.

Cooper got a book, some stickers, and a gift card to Chuck E Cheese.


Uncle Scott also got him some Paper Jamz drums.



We had to improvise on the egg hunt. We had in the basement. Cooper was trying to check out his loot on the first egg.








I love this one, it's like is thinking, now how in the world can I reach that one?




I also want to say a prayer for anyone who has suffered damage this week due to tornadoes or flooding. It's times like these I realize I have all I need!























4 comments:

Susie said...

Great looking family picture!! It must of been the common thing Easter egg hunting in the basement.

ginmommy said...

Your boys looked soooo cute!!! I love the family pic. I love Easter, it's THE day for us christians!!!

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

great family picture! :)

Tracey said...

GREAT family pic! That's a framable one!!! Glad you guys had a good day. He is Risen indeed!!!