Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Setting the record straight

I'm going to set the record straight... I am not having an affair with the UPS man. I know how people talk, especially when that nice brown truck is in front of my house almost every day. Here is the real story- Christmas shopping just really isn't in cards for us this year. I am not about to take both kids out shopping. Between all our doctor's appointments, a Christmas party, basketball game, etc... I even hate to ask someone to watch our kids again while we go out. It's the busiest time of year for everyone. So, I took to my computer on cyber Monday and so far I have had two deliveries and I think about 5 more coming. See... people talk when they see that truck stop too many times. This doesn't even count what Steve has ordered. I do have to get two more things that I can't get online then I will take the remainder of our budget and get the boys their gifts so I do need to make at least two physical appearances. I just thought I would go on the offensive before rumors start spreading.

2 comments:

Jill said...

Haha! Funny. Acutally, what I'm about to type is not. My mom and dad's nieghbor DID have an affair with the UPS guy. Isn't that crazy?! Ya know, cause people always do say that.

Jaime Mac said...

Funny post! I do a lotta shopping online! Super easy, no crowds, no parking & I can sit on the comfy couch & do it! I don't blame you one bit! :)