Saturday, December 25, 2010

Christmas Eve

We have had a whirlwind of two days around here and it all began Christmas Eve morning. The boys both woke up early and I was fortunate enough to walk past our front door and grab this shot. The sunrise was simply beautiful. (That also happens to be Karen's house, she is beautiful too.) We started a tradition last year by going to McDonald's for breakfast on Christmas Eve. We invited the Reid's and Bushes to join us this year. What a fun way to start off the holidays, good time with good friends. My son asked me to take his picture so of course the camera was out and ready. I love Hope's expression.
These two almost got us kicked out, wild and crazy kids :)


I thought I would steal Gretchen's boyfriend.
Had to get a picture of the bff's.


I am waiting on one more picture. Gretchen has one on her camera that is Hi-larious! There is just so much going on.
After breakfast we came back home and did the usual. Playtime, lunch time, naps.... well sorta. More on that in a different post. Cooper didn't nap well so we got him up and headed to my mom's house for an early dinner and presents. Cooper got some toys, pj's, and a Colt's sweatshirt. Cameron got an outfit and money for diapers, Steve got money and I got some Ugg boots. LOVE THEM!!
Then it was off to our Christmas Eve service. I missed most of it walking the lobby with Cameron. I'm sure it was beautiful as always. It is always a simple reminder of the true meaning of Christmas.
Next up was dessert at Uncle Scott's and presents with Steve's cousins and aunt. This picture is awesome. Steve's mom got the last piece of pie, so she just used the pan as a plate.
Check out this cutie!!!! He has taken a liking to his hands.

We are so blessed!!!! My kids racked up! We are so thankful for our family and everything they do for us and our children.
Insert meltdown here prior to heading home. Like I said, no nap makes for one tired boy. Once we got to the car all was good. We had just enough time to set out some reindeer food once we got home.

And how could we forget Santa's milk and cookies. Don't ask me why he has his finger in the milk in the second picture.

Then it was finally off to bed. We were all exhausted, as I am now as well. More to come on Christmas Day and Cooper' big boy decision.











3 comments:

ginmommy said...

You got some Ugg boots?!? Too cute ;) Looks like a nice Christmas Eve!!!

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

looks like a great day!!! loved reading about it!

Jaime Mac said...

UHM-hello? It's been 2 days since you teased about Cooper's 'big boy decision'. The suspense is killing me! C'mon! ;)