Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Really?

As some of you know I started back up at Jazzercise a few weeks ago, as soon as I got the all clear.
I'm in class Sunday and another student walks in, walks past me and asks how the baby is, I say good and smile back. I don't really know her all that well, I've talked to her a few times she knew I was pregnant and I hadn't seen her since. So I thought it was nice she asked.
Well.... toward the end of class she comes up to me and says,"I guess you gotta work at getting all that baby weight off".

Now I know that I am no where near my pre-pregnancy weight right now, but I also know that I am not overweight either. I mean seriously people.... I don't' know what is worse. People telling you that you look like you are going to pop when you are only 5 months pregnant or this.

5 comments:

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

don't sweat it!! i don't know where people get that they can say that crap to people. you should hear the stuff that people say to me! it cracks me up. i usually smart off right back!

ginmommy said...

Girl, I should tell you some of things my own mother has said to me. People are just plain stupid sometimes. I know for a fact though, that you look great. Brush it off, she probably was just trying to make conversation, and didn't realize what she said. Like I said, sometimes people are just stupid ;-)

Mrs. Wesely said...

Why would someone say that??? My guess is they are jealous at how great you look after just giving birth 11 weeks ago. You are beautiful!

Hers and His said...

Some people are just rude! Wow...

Jaime Mac said...

Yea, I'm w/ Ginmommy - sometimes people don't THINK about what they say before they say it.
But I'm with Alicia too-smart off right back! ;)