Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas Day 2010

What a day!!! As luck would have it both my boys slept in on Christmas. Well sorta, Cameron ate at 5:30 and took almost an hour to get back to sleep, I almost stayed up but decided to lay back down. I'm glad I did because it bought me an additional hour of sleep, which I really appreciated by the time the day was over. By 8:15 everyone was up and the first thing Cooper did when he woke up was to ask if Santa came. Of course he did buddy, weren't you a good boy? Oh, and he finished one of Santa's cookies as well.

Santa wrapped his presents in Mickey Mouse wrapping paper. Before we could get to presents we did the stockings. I love watching him dig into his.
He loaded up on candy, a water color paint book, a toy car and a magnifying glass. Allie and Sharon have one and he always plays with it when we go over there. He was super excited to have one of his own. I didn't get any pics of me and Steve but somehow we both got gloves and an iTunes gift card in our stocking. Great minds think alike. Oh yea, Cameron got some shaker toys.

I'm not for sure what he thought about all this mess.

Cooper loaded up with some good stuff. From Santa he got Alphie the robot, Mack from Cars and him and Cameron both got some Baby Einstein DVD's. Cooper still loves those. He calls them his puppet videos. Cameron got a Vtech Move and Crawl Ball. From us Cooper got a sticker book, color wonder book, puzzles, a play dough kit, puppets, and this awesome Chicago Bears hat. Sorry it's so blurry. This was a surprise to Steve as well since I ordered it the same time I ordered something for Steve. I know I'm forgetting something I just can't remember. Cameron got another ball from us as well. Steve & I got each other Bears and Colts stuff, I got pajamas, he got an XBox game, and we both got clothes. Steve also got George Bush's new book, I'm sure I will read that as well.After we finished opening gifts we left the house a mess and headed to Steve's parents. It's a tradition they always have cinnamon chocolate rolls. Doesn't he look so big and cute with his TV tray?
Check this out! This isn't even all of it. There were some presents off to the side and some that weren't even in the house. I can't even begin to describe how blessed we are.


This was by far one of Cooper's favorite gifts. It's a drum and music set. It has to be put up in the closet or he will play all hours of the day.
He also made out with dress up clothes, pretend play food... which he loves, more cars, table & chairs, a few clothes... he needed pants bad. His size 2 still fit but are way too short, I am going to need to find a belt for him cause I know the 3 will be too big in the waist. Cameron got a lot of clothes from Uncle Scott, he keeps my boys stylish. He also got a few toys, a case of wipes, and money for diapers. Steve & I got some gift cards, a new storage ottoman, cookware, a digital picture frame, I got some Bath & Body stuff and Steve got a new hedge trimmer. We had so much stuff it wouldn't fit in our car. We had to have his parents bring another car load over that night.

Cooper also got some foam stickers. This came in handy when it was time to calm down from the gifts. The boy was out.of.control.

Check out my little reindeer.


Finally before lunch the kid calmed down. We took over his new puppet videos and him and Scott laid down on the floor to watch.

Like I said, what I day! I don't know what I did to be so blessed. I can't even begin to imagine next Christmas with a 4 yr old and 15 month old. If I thought this year chaos, oh boy!!!









5 comments:

Jaime Mac said...

WOW! You guys got a lotta neat stuff! Next year you should think about a Kindle. Mom has one & she got me one for Christmas. Very cool little toy! (Like we need anymore, right?!) There's a kindle app for the iphone, but it would be kinda tough to read a whole book on that small screen!

Susie said...

Sounds like you all had a great Christmas!!

Jill said...

Sounds like an awesome day! Kade got the same drum set as Cooper from family. He loves it, too! Love Cameron in the antlers. Too cute!

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

love the srum set!!! you know i was drummer in high school, right!! looks like a great day!!!

ginmommy said...

What a wonderful Christmas :-) Aren't we sooo blessed??? I just kept thinking about that on Christmas, us and our kids.