Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Mother's Intuition

One should never second guess themselves as a mother, or as a father. We learned that this week. I took Cameron to the doctor last week for some congestion that he had. Everything checked out, nothing major just something viral. He seemed to be doing better and last night we thought we were on the mend. He had been sleeping through the night, we even thought this might be the night we go back to that. WRONG!!!! He was up all night crying. The only time we could get him to calm down and sleep for any length of time was to give him Tylenol. Also, while asleep in our arms he wanted to be on the opposite side as usual. We've been here before, it's called ear infection. I was on the phone at 8:00 am sharp trying to get into the doctor. So was everyone else because I couldn't get through until 8:30. Momma was right and just like his brother it's that darn left ear. I walked out with three prescriptions; an antibiotic, diaper rash (just in case he has the same reaction as Cooper), and ear numbing drops. I also got the go ahead to try some rice cereal once a day with his medicine. Like I said, I've been here before. Cameron has his brother beat by about two weeks on his first ear infection. Cooper has an ENT follow-up next month, I'm giving the doctor a heads up he might be getting a new patient before winter is out.

2 comments:

ginmommy said...

Mommy ALWAYS knows. It's a super power we have.

Amy said...

Mother's intuition is almost always right on. Poor Cameron I hope he gets to feeling better soon.