Saturday, December 18, 2010

OCD

My son is a bit OCD. He gets it honestly, I don't have room to talk. Yesterday we were doing a puzzle. It's a picture of Curious George riding a bike with this phrase at the bottom: Let's Ride!
We have done this puzzle before but for some reason Cooper got a little concerned this time. He kept telling me that it was upside down. I was trying to convince him that it wasn't until I realized he thought the ! was an upside down i. So here I am trying to explain to a three year old what an exclamation point was. Then I heard the garage door open and a light bulb went off. I explained to him how he gets excited when daddy gets home and he runs around screaming "Daddy's home! Daddy's home!" I tell him that is a symbol we use when we are excited, George is excited to be riding his bicycle so he is saying Let's Ride! Once again Steve walked through the door and Cooper forgot all about me and puzzle. Saved by daddy.

1 comment:

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

we've had the same discussion before!! funny!!