Friday, April 30, 2010

Yes, I am Jami Leigh Lee

So my dear friend Rachel asked me if I really was Jami Leigh Lee... and the answer is yes! My given name is Jami Leigh Upton. It was a running joke when I met Steve that I couldn't marry him because my name would be Jami Leigh Lee. Well, 6 years later guess what happened, we got married. I know some, if not most, people would kept their maiden name as a middle name but to be polite, I'm just not attached and have no sentimental value to my maiden name. Especially after some recent circumstances. I apologize to any family members who read this, but I am sure you understand as well. I thought I could get by with Jami L Lee, which is pretty much what everything says with the exception of my social security card. So legally I am Jami Leigh Lee. It makes for interesting conversations on the first day of a new job when you go to show your card.

5 comments:

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

i love my maiden name but this is where i am a traditional girl! the girl is suppose to take her husband's name. so i dropped mine....gettelfinger. i couldn't imagine being alicia gettelfinger mcafee anyway! ha!

ginmommy said...

I LOVE that your name is "Jami Leigh Lee" LOVE IT ;)

Mrs. Wesely said...

I agree with being traditional. It was one of the things Jonathon asked me when we first met...if I would take my husband's name one day. It was important to him as well. The only two places I still have Hooser on my name are my email account and my facebook...so I don't lose track of old friends.

BTW-I love that your last two names are Leigh Lee. I think it's fun to say!

Amy said...

I'm a very traditional gal and I had no problem dropping my last name. Of course Smith is a pretty common name. :)

Jaime Mac said...

Well, you KNOW I love your name! I can't JUST call you Jami! I say embrace it - you just can't make stuff this good up! :)