Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter Basket

We decided to give Cooper his Easter basket on Saturday. I had to work what I thought was the 8:30 service in the nursery on Sunday, turns out it was really the 9:45 but I still needed to attend worship service so ended up working out. This all means I had to leave the house at the same time Cooper was waking up. Instead of waiting until Sunday evening we decided to go ahead and get it ready for Saturday night. He didn't get much, I knew he would be spoiled the next day. We got him a book, a Thomas coloring book with over 700 stickers, new Crayola Wonder sheets (they have Blue's Clues on them) and a chocolate bunny.

Here he is getting a sneak peek. Next up were the stickers. He love stickers!
I didn't get great pictures because I was too busy watching his reaction.
This was where the bunny ended up. I was shocked that he didn't tear into it.

I have a funny story about the book, "Chicka Chicka Boom Boom". Most parents probably know of this book but I hadn't until about a month ago. We were in the car one day and all of a sudden Cooper asks for Chicka Boom Boom Boom. I had no clue what he was talking about. So I checked the list of songs on the CD we listen to just to see if anything can be translated into that. Couldn't find anything. Then the next day he asked again but this time made a comment like he may have heard it from church. So I emailed a girl that works in his classroom and sure enough they have the book. She doesn't work the service we attended so she wasn't sure if they had been reading it or not. Turns out, yes the have been reading it. I was so amazed. I knew I had to get it. Our book also came with a CD that we have been listening to in the car. If you haven't read this book, it is adorable and very catchy. It will stick in your head.


3 comments:

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

such a fun book and it gets stuck in my head ALL THE TIME!!! :)

Tracey said...

Never heard of it!! Thanks for the clue...always love new books. I'll check it out!

Jill said...

I was going to say the same thing as Alicia. . .it's really easy to get it stuck in your head. Sounds like Cooper had it stuck in his. Cute. ;)