Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter Sunday

We had a wonderful Easter Sunday! I feel so blessed to have my family and my church. The day couldn't have been better. We started off with church. I left right after Cooper woke up so I could work the nursery, I was a little sad I missed getting him ready, but it's not about me. It was the cutest thing when he first saw me at church, he gave me the biggest smile and showed off his tie. It was the first time he ever wore on and he was so proud, he got to be just like his daddy.
After church we headed to Steve's parents for lunch. But first up was Easter baskets. Cooper racked up, he got candy, flashcards, stickers, a coloring book and a new outfit that you can see in the background.
Check out my little man all dressed up! These are Disney flash cards, one is numbers and counting and the other is shapes and colors. He loves things like this so I am sure we will have fun.
No holiday is complete with some stickers.


After getting in his basket he helped me with mine. More candy of course! I have so much chocolate in my house right now. Steve's parents got us both a World's Finest Chocolate Bar. Oh my, those are delicious! Reminds me of middle school fundraisers. I got a dark chocolate w/almonds, I justify eating it by telling myself that dark chocolate and almonds are both good for you.
This is a horrible picture of me, but adorable of Cooper.

I think he was ready to go egg hunting here.
Next up he helped Steve with his Easter basket. Inside was a gift for the both of us, a gift certificate to Papa Murphy's, looks like we will have another pineapple pizza night.
After lunch and some yummy strawberry cake we had an egg hunt in their back yard. Of course Cooper had to open each egg as he found one, but this time he would just show us and smile, he didn't even try to eat the candy. He also got some change to put in his new piggy bank that Scott got for him and matches his new room.

Finally I had to get a picture after dinner of Cooper eating a Peep. I just don't get him to smile for the camera often and it was too cute.

We ended the evening by going up to my mom's house. Cooper got a little more candy and a Spider-man car.
We had a wonderful Blessed Day!









2 comments:

Tracey said...

AAAA-dorable in his tie! I love a little boy in a tie for church :) And very pretty - mama in yellow!
Looks like a wonderful day. Wasn't the weather gorgeous?? It was just pretty much perfect!

Jill said...

Lovin' the adorable tie. Too cute.