Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Christmas in April

Last week we experienced what I like to call Christmas in April. We had about $80 in gift cards to Target left over from Christmas, most of it was for Cooper to begin with, so that gave us the perfect opportunity to get him his first tricycle. He hasn't quite warmed up to it yet so I haven't been able to get any pictures, but it's the standard Radio Flyer and we also got the cutest little Toy Story helmet. We had about $10 left so we also decided on this bat and tee-ball set. It's so funny watching him try to hit the ball. It's difficult teaching him out to hit it as well since he is predominately left handed and Steve & I are both right. Steve was amazed I showed Cooper to stand on the correct side of the tee. I'm not that athletically challenged! Check out the pants he is wearing, this was after church and we hadn't changed his pants yet, it was getting hot outside so we just rolled them up.


After we bought the tricycle my mom called to let me know that our cousin was having a yard sale and his girlfriend was selling a train table with all the accessories. I went over to their house to check it out, I got all of this for $40. I didn't even get a good picture of everything that came with the table. The best part of the table is both sides have drawers for storage. We haven't had a chance to play with it too much, we were gone most of the day Mon & Tues and when we were home we were playing outside. But so far so good. It took some rearranging in the bedroom to get it all to fit, but I think I have everything where I like it. I'm a bit OCD like that.





4 comments:

Tracey said...

Cute pics! New toys are fun. That's a GREAT deal on the train table.

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

gotta love a great deal! nice work!!

Jaime Mac said...

That's a nice table! And for $40?? Love it!! I heart bargain shopping! :)

ginmommy said...

I love Cooper's face standing next to the train table!!!