Friday, April 2, 2010

Eggs, Strawberries, and Popsicles

After dinner tonight we colored some Easter Eggs. Would you believe me if I said this was the first time I ever did this? Luckily we had some vinegar cause I didn't realize you needed any. I must have led a very sheltered life. So this was a learning experience for me as much as it was for Cooper. He liked putting the tablets into the cups. We only had one mishap were he tried to put the tablet in his mouth. They really need to make those things look not so much like candy.
We then moved outside for the coloring. It was just too nice of a night to pass up. We also only managed one broke egg, it was already cracked, by Cooper throwing them into the cups.

While the color was setting I brought out some strawberry shortcake for dessert. For some reason Cooper wasn't interestedhe would rather feed Steve.



We then needed to make a quick trip back inside for a band aid. He fell in the driveway and skinned his knee, so Daddy had to fix the boo boo.



Once we made it back outside the eggs were dried so Cooper used some stickers. It didn't last long before he wanted his sticker book instead.





Since he didn't eat much of his strawberry shortcake he also got a popsicle tonight. I'll be the first to admit that I don't bathe my kid every night, especially during the winter. He has sensitive skin and if he doesn't get too dirty, then really isn't a need for it, we just do it every other night. Well tonight was like the 4th night in a row he has needed a bath. I was thinking of waiting until tomorrow night, I have a thing that he has to have one the night before a church, it's OCD, anyway the popsicle put it over the limit and I had to give in to the bath again tonight.

There really isn't a reason for this last picture besides the fact Steve was trying out different settings.




I just realized I never took a picture of the final product. If I remember tomorrow I will do that. Also I want to apologize for the picture quality. I thought there was a smudge on the viewing screen, it wasn't until after I uploaded them did I realize there was a finger print on the lens. Sorry about that!






1 comment:

Melissa said...

So funny, I do the same thing with baths too! Glad to know I'm not the only one!