Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Zoo Trip

Gretchen & I finally made our trip to the zoo today with the kids. I say finally because we have been talking about this for about a month. We didn't want to go on either spring break week, all three kids had their week with strep, throw a bad weather week in there and that brings us to today. I can't complain at all, today was prefect. The weather was awesome, low crowds, and for the first time since we have had Cooper we got to walk the whole zoo. Usually it is too crowded or we are with a big group of people that we barely make it through half the zoo before it's time to leave. The best part of the day was by far lunch time. We ate on one of the picnic tables and the geese were trying to get our food. Pierce & Hope flipped out and both climbed into Gretchen's lap. I took a picture but with her camera so hopefully she will blog about it. Cooper dropped a cracker and one was right under his feet eating it and he was oblivious to that fact. Another highlight was when Cooper touched a snake. I'm not for sure he knew what he was doing, it's too bad I didn't get a picture in time.

The giraffe weren't outside yet so we got a good close-up view of them eating indoors. I'm pretty sure this is the new baby giraffe. When I went on a field trip here back in middle school there was a baby giraffe born on my birthday, wonder if he/she is still here???

He was beginning to fall off so I didn't get a good picture of Cooper on the elephant.This thing was freaking us out. It just kept staring. There was only one other lady with her two kids inside the gorilla exhibit, usually this place is so crowded we never get a chance to get up close.
Pierce wanted to do the dinosaur exhibit. Luckily Cooper is still free so I only had to pay $4. Hope missed being free by like 5 days. It was neat. The T-Rex was HUGE! For some reason I thought this was inside and was afraid Cooper would get scared, but he didn't' seem to mind them. He didn't want to get too close but he still did okay.

We got to see the elephant demonstration as we were headed out. Pretty neat stuff! I didn't think the big elephant was going to make his way up off the ground.










6 comments:

Jaime Mac said...

I love the zoo, but I'm like you, it's always too crowded! And in the summer the animals are never out! You got some great pics! :)

ginmommy said...

Fun day!!! Perfect weather and not crowded!!!

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

fun! i would have totally had to tell a little fib about hope's age though! :)

Susie said...

I just love when the orangatans interacts with the people. I think they are interesting animals.

Tracey said...

Great pics, James!! And, SO funny that the geese were attacking Gretchen but not you guys. :)

Jill said...

Aww, we went Tuesday and it was a great day, too! Could you believe how active the animals were? We loved it! It's so nice going when there's not a lot of people.