Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Neighbors

Last night Steve & I went to bed around 10:30. Somewhere in the next hour our neighbor's house, well garage actually, caught on fire. No one was home at the time but another neighbor noticed the fire and called the fire department while another was able to get in the house and get the dog out. No one was injured and the fire was contained to the garage, although there is smoke damage inside the house. You can smell it and he said although you cannot see anything, your shoes will turn black by walking in the house. At one time there were at least two fire trucks, an ambulance, some police cars and they had the road blocked off. Wanna here the crazy part? We both slept through all of this. We hadn't even been asleep an hour. I've always considered myself a lite sleeper, I never sleep through alarms, the telephone, anything. Yet somehow I managed to sleep through sirens and fire trucks. The most important thing of this story though is about the kindness of neighbors. I have always felt secure in our house, knowing that neighbors do watch out and keep an eye out for anything strange. Lucky for Mitch, someone noticed the smoke and called 911.

Totally off subject, I just used my spell check and had no mistakes, wow.. that is a miracle for me.

No comments: