Saturday, July 4, 2009

0 for 3

That is the count on Cooper and fireworks. It goes back to the summer I was pregnant, a neighbor of Scott's was letting off stink bombs and the smell was making me sick so I stayed inside. Then last year Cooper fell asleep around 7:30 and this year he was scared, of course! Everything started off good, we all had good long naps after the parade in preparation for a long night. We headed over to Scott's house for some good food and fun time with family. We had hot dogs, hamburgers, green beans, corn on the cob, mac & cheese, strawberry choc chip cake and brownies. It was the three of us, Scott (of course, it was his house) Steve's parents, and his aunt Marilyn and cousins Ricky & Tina. Before we had a chance to eat, someone let off a few firecrackers.... Cooper did not like those at all. We ended up eating inside. He did calm down and enjoyed some of the smaller fireworks but me and him came home a little early and let Steve stay and enjoy the big stuff. He made it until about 9:15 and is even sleeping through what sounds like a war zone right now. It was a fun 4th, despite some rain, great temps though.

Cooper playing with a Halloween item of Scott's, I think he thought it was a broom. Sitting with Mamaw, he is actually laughing here not crying and if you make it big you can see his "boo boo" on his knee.
Steve and his cousin Ricky, I don't think they will ever grow up.

My camera didn't get it in time but Cooper was giving his uncle Scott a kiss.


"Don't blow your hand off Ricky"





1 comment:

Jill said...

I loved your caption about Steve and Ricky. I have not seen Ricky in FOREVER! Hope he is doing well.