Thursday, July 30, 2009

A Day in the Life of Cooper

When I first quit my job last summer someone had asked Steve, what does Jami do all day? So I thought I would give you a glimpse into a regular day in our house. Can you tell I'm bored? I picked today (Thursday) because there was nothing to do. Wed & Fri's are my short days, I work the door at Jazzercise while Steve's parents come over to watch Cooper, by the time I get home, take a shower and fix lunch it is almost Cooper's nap time. For some reason Thursday's always seem to be our boring day. So here goes...
Cooper slept in today, usually he gets up around 7:00, today was almost 7:45. He is almost always ready to go as soon as he wakes up, today was no exception. He always starts off with his books, he loves his books.
After a few minutes he started to ask for some milk, today he was asking for chocolate. I'm a sucker and gave in, I try to reserve chocolate milk for weekends as a treat, but what the heck.
After a small breakfast is was playing time. He has found our flashlight and loves it. I'm afraid one day he is going to drop the Maglite on his toes or throw it so I decided today would be a good day to go find one of his own.

All ready for a trip to Target.... he loves to go bye bye.


I found a cute Cars flashlight and he won't put it down.


After Target we grabbed a quick snack and some playtime. We went outside for a while and of course he had to bring the flashlight. We played with some puzzles and played in the computer/toy room/what will be his new room once we get a toddler bed.
I also picked up this cute Monkey plate and cup.... we haven't tried drinking out of a cup without a lid, so I thought he needed one of his own first.




He's getting good at this game and had figured out how to get each one to pop up.


Pretty soon it was lunch, this is when he gets a video of some sort so I can prepare lunch. If not he is at my heels. I could be sitting next to him in the living room and he barely acknowledges me, but the second I get up he needs me. Today was Curious George, he usually sits on the couch but for some reason he decided to stand in the kitchen and watch.


After lunch we played some more and walked over to Karen's to pick up her mail then it was back inside for some books and time for nap. I LOVE NAP TIME!!! Today was almost 3 hours, those are best. I'm fortunate that Steve gets off work early and by the time Cooper gets up from nap Steve is home within a half hour or so. Steve and Cooper then play for a while while I get dinner ready. Steve is awesome, he never acts as if he needs time to rest or sit down after work. He is always willing and ready to play with Cooper as soon as he walks in. Since it was raining he stayed in the rest of the night. Steve and I did some cleaning and Cooper tried to help. I didn't get any pictures but he was helping with the vacuum and sweeping the floor. Too cute. He then got out his coloring sheets and wanted to color. I think he may have a lefty, any teachers out there know when you can determine this? He has always favored his left hand, it is what he uses a fork with, colors with, and throws with. We already have a sights set on a major league pitcher.



Here is the mess that prompted some color time. In case you are wondering that is part of a potty seat. He likes to play with his, since he doesn't use it right now it's not too gross... right?
Now it is 7:15, Steve & Cooper are playing and I am finishing up my blog so Steve can get on x-box live tonight. We will play some more, read books, put on pj's and head to bed between 8:15 and 8:30. Don't think I'm gross, he got a bath last night and we didn't do much today so he will get a bath tomorrow. Cooper is an early riser but he also goes to bed early, this gives us a good two hours before we go to bed to wind down and relax for the night.
Hope you enjoyed a look into our lives. This is pretty typical day unless we have something planned. Kind of boring, but fun and loving at the same time.














1 comment:

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

cool! i've been wanting to do this with our video camera. no, if we don't do anything i skip baths too! ;)