Saturday, July 4, 2009

4th of July Parade

We started off our 4th of July festivities by going with the Bushes to the parade in downtown Jeff. It was the first time any of us had been and it was very nice. Good close parking, not too crowded, able to find a good spot and just he right length for the parade. The kids (and adults too) all enjoyed themselves. We have already decided to make this an annual event. Before the parade even started Pierce was excited just to see a police car. How much better does that get? At the end of the parade a fire truck rode past and it scared Hope, so afterwards someone asked her if she enjoyed herself, her response was "I cried"... how sweet is that?

Here are a few pictures before the parade, I don't think Pierce was fond of the camera.
Hope giving me a big cheesy grin, She is actually say "cheese" in this picture.
Cooper after the bagpipes went by. He loved them! I turned around to look at him and he had the best smile on his face. I told Steve I love seeing his smile when it is unprovoked, just when he sees something he likes. I want to engrave it in my memory forever.
Here it is again, this time it was the fire truck....

and of course the dog.


I might me mistaken, but didn't Abraham Lincoln have a beard?

He really enjoyed his big boy sucker.


Thanks again Paul & Gretchen for joining us, we all had a blast.






1 comment:

Tracey said...

Very cute! Looks like you guys had a great time. :)