Friday, June 10, 2011

We are closed!!!!!

After a crazy couple of days, we have finally closed on our house. Yippee!!!!! We had a couple of hurdles to cross this week. First up was all because of the bathroom vanity in the basement. When our house was appraised it was contingent upon the basement being completed. The appraiser was supposed to go out last Friday to do a final inspection, but the vanity wasn't in yet. All that wasn't completed until this Wednesday and you need at least 48 hours after inspection to get a clear to close. Somehow our amazing loan officer worked it out and we still got a date and time set for Friday afternoon. The next part was all my fault. Our loan officer sent me the settlement statement on Thursday that included the final figure we needed to bring to close for our down payment. It needed to be wired to the title company and be there by Friday afternoon. For some reason I never bothered to deposit the check we got from the sale of our home. Didn't even cross my mind, I was just going to do one transaction when we got our statement. I took it to the bank on Thursday and they would not let me wire the money, they put the check into my account but put a two day hold on it. The funds would not be available till Monday. Our AMAZING loan officer took care of it and somehow still got the clear to close, I would just wire the money Monday. You see a trend here for our AMAZING loan officer??? A few hours later I got a text from Steve saying he would be late getting home, there was a problem with his employment verification. The secretary told someone the wrong start date. Eventually he got it taken care of but by the end of the day I was exhausted. I just wanted it over with it. Thankfully today went off without a hitch. I'll be posting some pictures soon, can't wait to show you guys.

6 comments:

Jill said...

Wonderful news!!! :)

Tracey said...

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

I am so glad it finally worked out!!

Amy said...

Yay....what an exciting time for you guys.

Susie said...

Good News for you guys!! Congrats!!

Jaime Mac said...

I bet you were exhausted! Sounds like you do have an amazing loan officer! Glad everything worked out! Can't wait to see pics!