Tuesday, June 14, 2011

A Thank You

Cooper got a thank you card from his speech teacher today. We gave her a flower on his last day. Her card also said:

"I am so proud of your progress in speech and know great things are ahead for you. Thank you for always working hard, and for always being so sweet and fun to teach!"

I think I may frame it! I am a little sad because if we follow the rules, he will be going to Jonathan Jennings in Charlestown for speech next school year. I haven't decided what to do yet. We are only moving 3 miles down the road so Utica isn't too far out of the way to drive for speech, especially since he already has a good rapport with Mrs. McDonogh. Then again, it would be good for him to have experience with the school he will most likely go to kindergarten at. We are also thinking of trying to get him into Silver Creek, we will be living about 3 minutes from Silver Creek Primary. Decisions, Decision!!!

I love it that he had some mail addressed to him, he's getting way too big.

On an unrelated note, I had to take Cameron to the doctor today for what I was afraid was strep, but he was fine, anyway I had them weigh Cooper for curiosity purposes. He weighs 30.5 lbs, with shoes on. I asked Dr Howell about a booster, she does not recommend boosters until they are 40 lbs. We have a long way to go!

3 comments:

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

I know what you mean! Those decisions are so hard and it's effects them for the rest of their life! no pressure!! ha! :)

ginmommy said...

Ugh, those are the kinds of decisions you lose sleep over!! Way to go Cooper in speech :) What a big boy you are!

Jill said...

I feel ya on the decisions. We have already had those school conversations and K is barely 2. I think it's probably worse since I'm a teacher and see things that just make me shake my head. Keep praying and you know God will lead you down the right path! :)