Wednesday, February 16, 2011

It Strikes Again!

RSV has stuck again! Yuck, Yuck, Yuck!!!!

Cooper developed a cough over the weekend, followed by a runny nose and low grade fever. I took him to the doctor yesterday to get him checked out. They immediately checked for the flu, which came back negative. I then talked to our doctor about his symptoms, they are similar to his last year when he had rsv. She tested him for that and it negative too. Yippee!!! She said it was most likely viral and to treat with Tylenol and cough medicine.

While we were there I asked about getting Cameron's Zantac refilled. I think we are grasping at straws on why he isn't sleeping well, he wakes up about 5 times a night. As soon as we get a free weekend when Cooper can spend the night with Steve's parents we going to let him cry it out. Cooper was easy peasy, I'm hoping Cameron follows. In the meantime, I want him to be as comfortable as possible. I know it's not going to eliminate all the spit up, but maybe the burning.

So, I get home, give Cooper his medicine and put him down for a nap. Around 3:00 I get a message from the doctor asking to give her a call back. She tells me she has called in the prescription but Cooper DOES have RSV. The test must not have had time to process or it was too faint to read, but after lunch it was clearly positive. It doesn't appear to be as bad as the first time and Cooper is seems to feel fine. I'm hoping my living room doesn't get covered in vomit again, and if it does I pray Steve is home to help. Now I just need to make sure Cameron doesn't get it. I'm thankful he isn't mobile yet so I just need to keep Cooper away from Cameron and his toys, and not the other way around. Here's to another week of quarantine in the Lee household.

5 comments:

Jaime Mac said...

Oh man! That stinks! I hope your living room doesn't get covered in vomit either!
Hope he feels better soon! :)

Susie said...

Hope Cooper gets better soon before Cameron gets it!!

Amy said...

Praying for a speedy recovery and that Cameron doesn't get RSV.

ginmommy said...

Boo on RSV!!!! Praying Cameron doesn't get it!!

Tracey said...

I'm sorry!! I hope Cooper gets better soon. Here's to warmer weather and less sickies!!!! Just think...in a few years, we'll look back at all this and laugh! {Kidding!!}