Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Catch Up

I am a horrible blogger! I admit it and I take no shame in it. Ever since the ear infection back in December, the chaos of the holidays, and stuff that went on with my family we have finally settled back in to a routine and Cameron is taking good naps again. I have some free time back. So, what is going on with us?

Cooper is still doing speech on Mon & Tuesdays. I call these our short days, it starts at 3 so he goes down for an early nap. Thanks to snow days and Christmas break this was the first week he had speech on both days. I was getting frustrated because they hadn't worked on any sounds he struggles with. Finally this week they are. The speech therapist always has good things to say about him. She told me she has never seen a young three year old adapt and listen so well. Just yesterday she told me that she had asked the kids to push in their chairs and Cooper went around and pushed all the chairs in. Granted it's only like 6, but I can still be proud.

I took both kids to Chuck E Cheese by myself today. Well, it was with our church group so I had help there if I needed it. Cooper is still at an age where he needs help with most of the games, it was difficult carrying Cameron and only have one hand to help Cooper but we managed. I didn't tell Cooper where we were going today, you should have seen his excitement when we pulled into the parking lot and he figured it out. I need to do things like more often. It was priceless.

I do have a few pictures from this week, nothing too exciting but still worth sharing.

Check out Mr Joe Cool, isn't he simply adorable? This kid plays a mean game of Candyland. This was the second card he drew. It's the ice cream cone, for those that aren't familiar it's the last picture card before you get to Candyland.
Somehow I caught back up. Cooper had to move back to the beginning a few cards later. Did you know the rules state that when playing with younger children you don't have to make them move backwards on the picture cards. Really? How are you supposed to teach your kids to play fair and be a gracious loser? I ended up winning this game and Cooper was just as excited that I made it to Candyland as he would have been himself. This is where you will find Cameron every evening for about half an hour. I thought he was getting close to giving up his evening nap, he didn't take on Monday night and he slept horribly that night. Just a quick little cat nap to get him through the evening. This is what I get for using the flash. Look who likes their bath now. Like the strategically placed wash cloth? This was right after he doused the mirror. You're not a mom of a boy until you have been peed on.

6 comments:

ginmommy said...

Well, I've been wondering where you were!! I understand though, it's easy to just get "out of the swing" sometimes. Cute pictures, especially that last one!! HA HA HA.

Susie said...

Cameron is getting so big!!

Jaime Mac said...

I'm glad you gave us an update! UHM-I'm w/ you on the Candyland thing. I mean-they've gotta learn about losing & winning & being gracious like you said at some point!
Glad to hear that Cooper is able to finally go back to speech! What a sweet little boy!

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

Cameron looks so big in that last one!

I am with you on Candyland. I beat Sam and Jake all the time! Gotta learn!

Amy said...

The picture of Cameron upset at you taking pictures is priceless. He is getting so big! BTW I do the same thing with Candyland. What can I say we are a competitive family. :)

Tracey said...

Cute, cute post!! I've been on a "break" too. ;) Gotta get back in the swing. Mags has been sick. :( BOO. Love the bath pose!